Las Vegas DUI Attorney
Client-Focused DUI Defense Services
Have you been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs? If so, you are likely feeling stressed and unsure of what this is going to mean for your future. The Law Offices of Kenneth G. Frizzell, III can help you understand what lies ahead and walk you through your legal options.
For more than 25 years, our Las Vegas DUI lawyer has helped countless clients reduce or dismiss their drunk driving charges. We can provide your case with the attention that it deserves and help you develop is a personalized defense strategy.
To schedule your free, confidential case evaluation, call our skilled criminal defense attorney today at (702) 979-7772.
The Duration of a DUI on Your Record
If you have been arrested for DUI, that arrest will appear on your criminal record. This is true regardless of whether the charges are dropped. Your criminal record will also reflect a DUI conviction if you are found guilty of the crime.
A DUI arrest or conviction on your record could negatively affect many actions that require a background check, including:
- Applying for a job
- Obtaining or maintaining a professional license
- Being admitted into a college or university
- Renting an apartment
One question that we are commonly asked is, “how long will a DUI stay on my record?” In Nevada, several factors determine the length of time that a DUI will stay on your record.
These factors include:
- If your crime is classified as a misdemeanor or felony
- If this is your first offense
- If this is your second offense within seven years of your first offense
- If your charges are reduced from a DUI to reckless driving
- If your charges are dismissed
First-time misdemeanor DUI arrests and convictions will appear on an individual’s criminal record for at least seven years. After seven years, the person may file a petition to have their record sealed. While not the same as expunging, sealing a record offers many of the same benefits as expunging a record. If convicted of a felony DUI offense, one’s record can never be sealed. This means that background checks will reflect the conviction for the remainder of the person’s life.
Is It Worth Getting a Lawyer for DUI?
Many people are not a fan of hiring attorneys for their defense, but we argue that it is worth it to hire a DUI lawyer for the following reasons:
- Experience - a lawyer whose profession is defending charges such as DUI has the experience necessary to present your case in an educated, skillful manner to a judge and jury.
- Investigation - because of this experience, they know which questions to ask both in and out of the courtroom as well as what evidence is most useful to present in court.
- Unbiased - while you may consider defending yourself, think again about how hard it would be to present your case logically and without support. An attorney is going to look at and present evidence and facts, of which they are not emotionally attached to.
For more information on what our DUI lawyer can provide for your defense, contact us!
Quality Legal Services for DUI Charges in Nevada
When you have an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side, the stiff penalties associated with a DUI conviction may be avoided. At the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Frizzell, III, we believe that everyone deserves a second chance. For the sake of your future, let our Las Vegas DUI attorney fight to keep you out of jail and keep your record clean.
The sooner you contact our reputable firm, the sooner we can begin working together to craft your defense plan. Reach out to our Las Vegas DUI lawyer at (702) 979-7772 today to arrange a free consultation.
My case was basically dismissed because he listened and fought for me!- Crystal B.
I have recommended the law office of Kenneth G. Frizzell III to my family and friends for legal matters big and small.- Sara K.
He's straight-forward, and is guaranteed to get you the best results for your situation.- Robin W.